Friday, February 10, 2012

A SUPER Bowl






The NY Giants made all of New England collectively sob.  Me I was pumped so I went out to buy the new Superbowl hats...Yeah one size does not fit all



In true NYC fashion, the city holds a ticker tape parade in Downtown Manhattan, by City Hall.  Me and my friend Raquel had to go.  A guy on the corner was selling Rally towels before he got busted for selling without a permit.  But the towels were Sweeeeet.  I love NYC I have been and worked in a many US cities but the energy New York has...its like a heartbeat.  That day everyone was happy even the cops had a good time.








If you throw stuff at the players on the floats they will sign stuff.  Raquel's hat was signed.  

It was a tiring day.  We got to our spot on the barricade at 7:30am...the parade started at 11 and was over by 12:30...we were BEAT.  So we decided to catch a train uptown to grab food and get the bus back to my house.  We swore we werent going to the Rally back at the stadium (which is a mile from my house) because we went to the parade blah blah blah.  But the bus home stopped at the stadium...
 Yeah we got off the bus.  Glad we did.
Awesome!  I called my mom to pick us up after as we had no bus going home...it was WORTH IT.


The MVP himself.  It was one of the best days I had in a long time.  



No comments: