Friday, August 5, 2016

News

Sorry I have not been on here often.

A month ago, I had the worst day of my life (so far).

I found my mother unresponsive in her bed.  She passed away from a heart attack.  Totally unexpected.  She was alive that morning, I texted her...and she was taken from me.

My mother was one of my best friends, she raised me as a single mom, supported me and the dogs...

Life is a mess right now.

I inherited 3 dogs back (Lady, Priscilla, and Iggy Pop were her dogs) and with working full time with no help, things like this blog got pushed aside.

She had no life insurance either...thanks to the kindness of the dog fancy and friends and family, I was able to fulfill her last wish of being entombed next to her parents.  Take The Lead paid for the funeral and a GoFund Me paid for the entombment.  If you are going to donate to a good cause, I can vouch for Take The Lead.

I only took a week off work, and mentally I am a mess.  I cannot sleep, eat, think.  I have constant flashbacks about finding her.  Whatever medications I am on currently do not work.

My father and I preplanned and prepaid a trip to Toronto, Canada and we decided to stick with our trip.  I had friends care for the dogs (Lzzy being my service dog came with) and cats...I am glad we went.  It was great.

But coming home to her house, our house...it was left as she left it.  The phone is still ripped off the wall from me calling 911, the bed is still a disaster.  I cannot touch anything yet.  I think - I KNOW - she must come home, she can't be gone forever...she can't she was too young.

The dogs are adjusting better than I thought, though I am giving serious thought to placing who I can place.

On better news, CC is doing well in agility.  We have our ups and downs but we are slowly becoming more consistent.  I trail more because I can't stand to be home.

Geddy Lee is also doing great!  He started baby dog agility class and we gave World Cynosport Rally a try.  They have a Puppy level.  He got his RLP title in 3 attempts!  What a great pup and he loves to work like his mother.

until next time...

No comments: